Thursday, March 5, 2009

About Time!

I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I'd better catch up. Rich, Lauren, Alec, Sean and I went to Queen Creek last weekend to spend Weston's birthday with him. It was as fun time as usual. Weston is such a personality. He makes his grandma feel special. He is funny and clever and smart. He reminds me so much of his father. Just a little mini Michael. I love being with my grandkids. I miss them so much when I am not around them.

I am so excited about this coming week! Andrea has spring break and she bought me a ticket to come out and spend it with her in Oklahoma! I miss her so much and can hardly wait to be with her and Tra'. I am going to be there a whole week! I will post some pictures when I get back.

I have two big projects coming up. I am making a wedding gown for Rochelle Stevens. She is a girl that worked in Rich's office. She joined the church last June and has found a guy that is taking her to the temple this June. The other project is a wedding cake for Emily Burgoyne. She is getting married in April. I have to start making sugar flowers as soon as I get back from Oklahoma.

Lauren and Sean both tried out for the Fine Arts Talent Show. Lauren sang and Sean juggled. They will find out if they made it this morning. Spencer also tried out. He sang and play his ukulele. There is a $300 prize for the winner. It will be on Mar 18. Good luck to all three of them!

6 comments:

The Chambers said...

I miss my nieces and nephews and WHOLE entire family! I'm jealous that you get to see them so often. And one more week!! It's Thursday and you're coming on Friday...it's going to be so much fun! We're going to sew dresses, curtains, pillows, get our nails done, make delicious treats and foods, go shopping, drive our new car, (hopefully get to go to Six Flags!), watch American Idol, and talk talk talk !! I'm so excited! I love you mom and can't wait to see you...I'm counting down the days! Love you!

Sarah said...

We had so much fun having you here! We always enjoy the company! Weston loves his grandma soo much! I am so happy that you get to go and spend some down time with Lollie. You deserve it. I think it is great that Sean and Lauren tried out. I hope they both get accepted to be a part.

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

I bet their try outs were really cute! I hope they win!

Unknown said...

Dang none of them got in! I think those oversons have it rigged!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma Esther said...

I think it is wonderful that you write down all the events happening in your family. You'll be glad for the history because it is hard looking back on events and remembering them when you get older. I'm happy for you and wish I could go along to see Andrea and Tra'. Ellen, you are so incredible! You're able to do so many things and are so talented. Love you.

Jann said...

That is so fun that you get to go see Andrea. I hope you have a fabulous time. Weston is so cute. I am glad you got to celebrate his birthday with him.