Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Lauren!

It's Lauren's birthday and I had so much fun looking through old pictures and remembering special times with her. She has always been the sunshine in my life. Her spirit is infectious. She makes me smile. I have always been so grateful for the musical talents of my daughters. Lauren could sing at 18 months old. Here are just a few of the pictures I was looking at today.

















First Halloween costume!


















The day she was sealed to us in the Temple.










Lauren was a fish in the water. She could swim down to the bottom of the deep end before she was two.










When she was three she took a handful of peanut butter and smeared it all over her face.































She loves costumes and being on the stage.


























Lauren sang a solo at her High School graduation and she got a standing ovation from the audience. It was beautiful!
Lauren served a mission in the Kennewick, Washington mission.
We love you and miss you Lauren! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love lauren! She is so sweet and so thoughtful. When she made that card for me that was the sweetest thing anyone has done for me. I really appreciate her example. Love you lauren! Happy birthday!

The Chambers said...

Kirsten, what card did Lauren make for you? Mom, I don't think (well at least I cannot remember) I have ever seen that picture of your guys when lauren was sealed. How neat. Do you have a picture of when I was sealed to you guys? I would love to see it. I love the peanut butter face too....I want to try that sometime. Those are great pictures...she is a special girl and her spirit is definitely infectious. Happy bday sis!

Sarah said...

I hope she had a wonderful day! She is a beautiful girl with a strong testimony! Hopefully we will see her soon! Happy Bday!

Jann said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Chantz H. Davis said...

Happy Birthday to Lauren! I remember when you guys 'got' Lauren and she had to be on a monitor like Chelsee was. She was such a tiny little baby! I always love to see Lauren because she acts like she is glad to see me. She gives the best hugs and kisses on the cheek!

Spence said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! You are awesome!

The Skeehan Family said...

Lauren - there is no one I would rather share a birthday with!! :)

And Ellen, I love those pictures - so many of those I remember being there for - in fact, just found a home video with Bugga in that Halloween costume and me in a clown costume... hilarious.

And thinking of her graduation song still gives me goose bumps... it was exceptional