Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I decided it is time for a new post. I haven't done anything too exciting but I'll update on whats been going on here. Last weekend Sean sang his first solo at the regional choir tryouts. I didn't know he was going to do it until just a few days before. I guess it was a requirement for choir. Luckily he has been taking voice lessons from Grandma and had a song ready "Danny Boy". But he neglected to get an accompanist. So the night before I called his choir teacher (Debbie Lichfield) and she agrees to accompany him. We don't know yet how he did. But Debbie was surprised at how well he did. By the way, the first time he ever sang the song with the accompaniment was at the tryout. Spencer sang "Danny Boy" also and Christine accompanied him. But Spencer sang in Low Voice and Sean sang in High Voice so they were in different keys. Then Sat. night after getting home from Holbrook (that's where the tryouts were), he went to the Winter Formal. It was a girl- ask- guy and he was asked by Lindsey Lefevre. He had a good time. I don't have any pictures because he ran out before Lindsey could even get in the door. Rich and I went to Flagstaff on Saturday and brought Lauren home. She tried to find a job there but had no luck. She withdrew from school because she was unable to get any of the classes she needed. She is only about two semesters away from graduating and we couldn't see wasting a semester. She can go back to BYU-I in April so she is trying to find a job. If anyone knows of one she would be most grateful. She can go anywhere for a couple of months. She really doesn't want to stay in St. Johns. Now, what I am up to, I have started making a dress. It is a Renaissance dress. I have wanted to see if I could make and sell costumes on line. I am making it really fancy with lots of detail so someone might want it. I will post a picture when I am finished. And last, I am really having fun watching American Idol. I don't know why, but I love that show. I guess I love to see how talented these people are. I'm hooked.

4 comments:

The Chambers said...

that was an eventful post! phew! had to take a couple breathers. I'm so happy for Sean. I never could see him doing that...good for him. and sad that Lauren couldn't get any classes...that's always a bummer. She does need to get a job and stay busy until Idaho. That will be such a good place for her...It's a good place for ANYONE! i miss it. and then AI...I am hooked too! I didn't get to watch it last nice since it was tra's bday...but tonight i will!! oh and good luck with the dress. I wish I was there to help you make it. I am so excited to see what it looks like...hurry and finish! :)

Sarah said...

I am so glad to see you back to blogging...not that I am more on top of it than you. I am horrible! A lot is going on up there! I have meant to call you and talk about Idol! I am hooked too! I hope you are all well and hope to see you soon!

Jann said...

That is great that Sean sang a solo. Oh, the memories of that. Debbie was my music teacher too. She is great.

If I find Lauren a job out here, would she come? I know, too far for too short a time. I would love to have her out here though. I think Carroll has gotten over calling me the rat fink aunt, for finding Maria a job. I did that to you guys too. It was sure fun to have Mike and Maria out here. I loved it.

I think you will do great selling dresses online. I have a good friend that makes plus size square dancing dresses on ebay. She sometimes makes $300 for one dress.

Unknown said...

we need to have an american idol night!