Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer is coming to an end!

Tonight was the red and white scrimmage for the football team. The varsity offence plays against the defence under the football lights. It is the last night of two-a-day practices, which have been going on for the last two weeks. It gets everyone excited for the new season. I didn't take any pictures but it was fun. Next week we scrimmage against Blue Ridge. Then the first game is the following week against Payson (last years 3A State Champions) which will be a tough game. This is Sean and Alec's last year of football.

Sean and Alec start their Senior year on Monday. They are excited for school to start. I think they are kind of bored with summer. I always hate the summer to end. It is fun having the boys around and my favorite part of summer is the swimming pool. I go swimming almost every morning with Mom and Christine. There is only one more week until they close the pool.

I made another wedding cake this week for Katelyn Lefevre. It turned out really pretty. It was just what she wanted.
.

8 comments:

Jake said...

That cake is amazing! Katelyn is going to love it!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

That cake is beautiful! That is sad that this is the boys last year of high school. Where has time gone?

The Chambers said...

Oh my goodness mother. I have too many things to say. First, LOVE the new background...it's always fun to change things up. Did you do it? what site did you do it at? it's so cute! And seriously, that cake...i don't know what to say. Gorgeous, beautiful, stunning, breathtaking...you are incredible and you know it. This is absoutely one of my most FAVORITE cakes you have done. GREAT JOB!!!! YAY for football season! I hope maybe I can get away for a weekend and come watch them for their last year...that would be a dream! They are going to have a fun last year...I'm pumped for them. I miss the swimmings in the morning there...I have to admit, it was one of my favorite parts when I was there. You were right, I loved it! Nice thing about a small town. Well, LOVE YOU!

Jann said...

Ellen, the cake is just stunning. I agree with Andrea, I think it is my favorite of all the cakes you have posted pictures of. Love it. Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday that the twins and I were roomies. I hope they have a fabulous senior year.

Karen said...

Ellen that cake is amazing! You are such a talented women.

The Chambers said...

Mom, I wanted to get to you before you went shopping online for the books. I will call you later, but I just wanted to tell you that I got these books at Barnes & Noble as used. They were in PERFECT condition and like 60% cheaper. so If you don't find any used online, I will go to Barnes and Noble and get you those for cheaper adn mail them to you. I will call you today after church. Have a great day! :o)

Unknown said...

ellen you never cease to amaze me! Is their anything you cant do! Gorgeous cake! I love the colors and the vine work! You are seiously the best! Love you and miss you! I am sad summer is over too! But I found a gorgeous quilt I wanna make! I need to dive into your quilting books. I think I am gonna join tht quilting club too! Swap lessons for color and cut when I get back?

Chantz H. Davis said...

Ellen - the cake is amazing! Holy cow. you are something!
We are planning on a tailgait at our house before the SJ RV game. Hopefully the dome will be ready and things can go as scheduled! GO ELKS!:) Tell your boys not to hit Chantz too hard!