Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Last Sat. night was the christmas electric light parade and Alec put lights all over his car. He dressed like Santa and Spencer was in the seat next to him with a black wig done up in a beehive hairdo with lights all through it. The sign on the front of the car was to advertise Kirsten's Salon. They were sooooo... cute. But the weather that night was terribe. It was freezing cold and the wind was blowing about 40 miles an hour. Spencer's hairdo was blown to pieces. We sat in our car until the parade got right next to us and then we got out and watched. Rich bought a flashing light sabor and a flashing whistle from a passing vender and blew his whistle and waved the sabor during the parade. It was him and all the kids. I should have taken a picture. I guess some kids never grow up.


It has been so good to have Lauren home for Christmas. We spent the day yesterday tying a quilt for Kyle. I helped her sew the top and bottom to get ready to put it on the frames, but she did all the sewing. Then after we got it on, she started tying it and I went to Grandmas to make tamales. Carolyn and Paul are visiting with Grandpa and Grandma. So Grandma, Christine, Carolyn and I worked for about 4 hours and made about 15 doz tamales. Ryan and Brianna have moved to Albuqueque, NM and Paul and Carolyn helped them move. Ryan and Brianna came to visit also. It has been fun getting to know Brianna better. She is such a cute girl. When I got home, Lauren had finished almost half of the quilt, so I sat down and helped her and we finished tying it about 9:oo pm. She is now going to put points on it to bind it. It will be really nice.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I could have been there to see the parade! That quilt looks great! I am sure Kyle will like it! Maybe she will get a ring in return? Hehehe.

Unknown said...

Cute blog! I am glad you have joined the bloggin world! Thanks for letting me do what ever I want on you hair;) haha. You are the best auntie!

The Chambers said...

That parade looked like so much fun! I'm jealous. and I was just a few weeks late to see Carolyn, Paul and family. I haven't seen Ryan for like 10 years! and tell Lauren great job on the quilt...it looks great!

Jann said...

I had no idea they did this in SJ. What fun. I can just see in my head Rich having fun with his purchase. I guess you have to warm up somehow, and you might as well have fun while doing it.